Are you tired of intrusive ads and trackers slowing down your browsing experience? Look no further than uBlock Origin, a free and open-source browser extension that blocks ads and trackers, protects your privacy, and improves your online security.
uBlock Origin Overview
uBlock Origin is a free and open-source browser extension that blocks unwanted content, including ads, pop-ups, and trackers. It is available for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari, and is easy to download, install, and use.
There are many benefits to using uBlock Origin, including faster browsing speeds, improved privacy and security, and a more enjoyable and streamlined online experience.
You can also download Windows Firewall Control 2023
Features of uBlock Origin
- The add-on features compatible versions for Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome (along with other Chromium-based browsers, like Opera).
- Depending on the preferred web explorer, different setup procedures apply; while in Firefox and Safari, you can simply drop the downloaded file over any open window of the program, in Google Chrome this has to be done in the ‘Extensions’ section.
Effortlessly block ads and more, when exploring the web
- The main role of uBlock resides in disabling advertisements from the pages you regularly visit, a dedicated power button letting you activate or deactivate the feature at will. It also informs you how many ads are being hidden.
- A ‘Picker Mode’ helps you manually indicate the items in a page that you consider should be blocked. You can thus create and customize your own filters, applying them with little to no effort. This will, evidently, require more experience in the field.
- The extension’s purpose goes beyond a simple adblocker, as it can also protect your safety online, ensuring you do not access dangerous websites, for instance. This is done with the use of a set of numerous filters: ‘Ads’, ‘Privacy’, ‘Malware Domains’, ‘Multipurpose’, ‘Regions, Languages’, which you can activate or deactivate, according to your needs. The more you use, however, the more it will impact your CPU.
- Nonetheless, uBlock allows you to import or create your own filters and rules from scratch, as well as build a whitelist, thus ensuring you fully decide when and what should be displayed on the websites you visit.
A useful extension for preventing ads in your browser
- In conclusion, uBlock is an effective and very easy to understand browser add-on which you can resort to for hiding not only adverts, but countless other bothersome elements in your favourite web pages, which otherwise consume resources for no good reason.
– Official website does not supply any information about changes in this version