Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows is a small utility designed to block and stop the various tracking (aka telemetry) issues that come with Windows.
Select the options you want and check modifications before applying changes
- No installation is required when using Spybot Anti-Beacon, so just double-click on the executable file to launch it. Usage is very simple, and no restore point is automatically created, although you are advised to create one beforehand, just to be on the safe side of things.
- There are various settings Spybot Anti-Beacon can tamper with. There are checkboxes to choose the ones you want but they are not visible unless you choose to ‘Show Options’. So don’t think that it’s all or nothing with Spybot Anti-Beacon and settle for the default list of settings, as you are free to choose the ones to apply.
- Additionally, Spybot Anti-Beacon displays short explanations of the registry keys, tasks or services each option will modify. This way, you’ll know what exactly are you doing. An universal ‘Undo’ button is there, so you can revert the changes anytime you want to.
Block telemetry group policy and other tracking options
- Spybot Anti-Beacon can block telemetry-related hosts and services, restrict the telemetry group policy and automatically block apps that use the advertising ID. Furthermore, it can tamper with other group policies, such as the CEIP (Consmer Experience Improvement Program), AIT (Application Impact Telemetry), Steps Recorder Group Policy or WiFi Sense, in order to prevent data collection without the user’s permission.
- Optional settings enable you to disable web search and Cortana, remove OneDrive and block the remote registry service. For these, you get to pick the settings to apply, with undo options for each.
A long way to go to ensure complete privacy protection
- Spybot Anti-Beacon is a new attempt to reach the privacy protection goal when using Windows 10, providing a quick and easy way to disable telemetry services, configure group policies and block hosts.
- However, there is still room for improvement to meet the users’ requirements. At the moment, there are competitor applications that do more. For instance, it would be great to have the application disable the access of apps to wireless connections, block localization access and services, disable the automatic Windows updates or the feedback reminders.
Features of Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows Free Download
Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows will disable the following:
• Telemetry Hosts
• Telemetry Services
• Consumer Experience Improvements Program
• Application Impact Telemetry
• Steps Recorder Wi-Fi Sense
• Apps using advertising ID
• P2P Windows Updates outside local network.
You can also download Teorex Inpaint 2022
Developer: Safer Networking Limited
Download Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows PC
This post was recently updated on December 24, 2021
Azhar Ali Bhutto(AZZI) is the Chief Seo Expert, Website Designer, Blogger, and the Founder of ‘Azzi Blogs’. He has a very deep interest in all current affairs topics whatsoever. Well, he is the power of our team and he lives in Delhi. Who loves to be a self-dependent person. As an author, I am trying my best to improve this platform day by day. His passion, dedication and quick decision-making ability make him stand apart from others. You can contact him @Facebook, Follow him on @Instagram Email Id: [email protected]