O&O DiskImage Pro is an advanced program whose purpose is to help you back up and restore files, folders, or entire partitions by creating data images. It provides support for complete, incremental and differential images, as well as Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) format conversion.
• The tool comes bundled with various dedicated parameters but the GUI doesn’t look overcrowded at all. You are actually welcomed by a clean feature lineup that gives rookies the possibility to make use of the Start page in order to create an image of partition, drives, or entire computer.
• O&O DiskImage 14 Professional gives you the freedom to carry out several recovery operations in case your system crashes down, namely build up an image (of partition, drives or entire computer), back up files and folders, generate an incremental or differential image, as well as restore data.
Creating a drive image
• The program lists all partitions detected on your system and lets you view additional information about each one, namely size, sectors per cluster, file system, free space, and drive letter.
• Plus, you are allowed to add comments to the image, validate the image when completed, convert it to VHD file format at the end of the task, play sound notifications, as well as shut down or restart the computer when the process comes to an end.
• There’s support for preset profiles that you can choose from, such as Archive or Multimedia, in case you work with drives containing a large number of compressed files or music and clips.
• If the preset modes don’t cover your needs, you can manually create a new one by selecting the method for building complete images, creating VHD image files, compressing the image file to save storage space (LZNT or BZIP2) or splitting it into smaller parts, and encrypting it using the AES-128, AES-192 or AES-256 algorithm.
Extra features to play with
• O&O DiskImage 14 Professional enables you to schedule tasks, clone drives, view information for DiskImage file backups (OBK), images (OMG) and virtual hard disks (VHD), verify image files for any errors, burn an image file to disk, create or burn an ISO file, and delete rewritable discs.
• Last but not least, you can mount drives from images, and ISO files as drives, remove mounted drives, merge incremental images, convert image files between OMG and VHD formats, create a bootable disk, edit PC properties (e.g. name, SID), map network drives, as well as check drives for errors.
An overall excellent drive backup and recovery app
• All in all, “O&O DiskImage” Professional proves to be a reliable program that bundles a rich suite of configuration settings, which is suitable especially for power users. You can also download Laplink DiskImage Pro
Features of O&O DiskImage Full
- Visual display of hard disk usage
- Handles Microsoft Virtual Disks (VHD)
- Tray Icon to inform you of service and task status
- Additional compression type (BZIP)
- Differential images (also automatic)
- Advanced burning functions to CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD
- Job assistant for automatic and regular images
- Creates system images during operation
- Start CD for easy restoration of entire Windows operating systems
- Incremental and direct forensical images possible
- 1:1 copies of drives (cloning)
Developer: O&O Software GmbH
OS: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)
– Official website does not supply any information about changes in this version
Download O&O DiskImage Professional for PC
This post was recently updated on February 20, 2021