Cutting Optimization Pro is a cutting software used for obtaining optimal cutting layouts for one (1D) and two (2D) dimensional pieces. The software also lets you to define and handle complex products, such as table, desk, cupboard, locker, book shelf …
Cutting Optimization Pro can be used for cutting rectangular sheets made of glass, wood, metal, plastic, or any other material used by industrial applications.
Cutting Optimization Pro can also be used as cutting software for linear pieces such as bars, pipes, tubes, steel bars, metal profiles, extrusions, tubes, lineal wood boards, etc and other materials.
Features of Cutting Optimization Pro
- 1D and 2D optimization in the same cutting program – you may use the program for both 2D and 1D optimization.
- Guillotine optimization – The cuts are performed from one side to the other of the material. This feature is very useful for glass, wood, thermoglass, …
- Non-guillotine (nested) optimization – The cutting machine can follow the shape of the material. In this case you need to have a complex machine based on laser or flame blade.
- Multi-stage guillotine – all cuts in a stage are perpendicular to the cuts on the previous stage. The user may specify the number of stages and the direction of cuts for the first stage.
- Any number of pieces in the INVENTORY and DEMAND – virtually no limit for the number of pieces that you want to optimize.
- Any measurement metric- The way in which you introduce the data is a general one. You don’t have to specify a metric. Just choose a metric in your mind and enter all data using that metric only.
- Fractional input. Pieces can be introduced either as 100.5 or 100 1/2. More info about fractional input can be read here.
- Adjustable cutting blade thickness- For glass cutting with diamond the cutting blade thickness is 0, but for wood, metal handling you need a saw with a greater thickness.
- Adjustable optimization level- One may specify how many layouts to be generated before the solution is outputted. If you don’t have too much time and you don’t have a good computer you may set the Optimization Level to a low level. This feature helps you to run your program on any kind of computer (from 486 to the best processors available today).
- Maximal cut length limit – You may specify how long a cut can be. This is useful when you perform the cuttings manually.
- Adjustable useful waste – all wastes smaller than this size are garbage (will not be added to repository).
- Adjustable limit for breakable parts – No waste will have a size lower than this parameter and no 2 parallel cuts will be closer than this. It is used in order to avoid the breaking of too small material. Useful in glass industry.
- Reduces panel waste and costs – using the latest achievements in the field of Artificial Intelligence to reduce the waste.
- Grain direction control – useful for wood cutting optimisation. A parameter let the user to specify if the piece can be rotated or it should be kept fixed.
- Automatic offcuts handling – the useful waste is automatically added to the Inventory of materials.
- Vertical printing of the labels and edge bands – this will optimise and simplify your layout.
- Graphical display black-white or colourful images and text mode of the obtained results – the results are displayed as images (black and white or colourful) or as text-tables.
- Save images automatically – all the obtained 2D sheets can be saved as jpeg images with 1 click. The programs automatically appends a number to an image.
- Copy-paste from Excel. Just select some columns from Excel and paste them in Demand or Inventory grids.
- Grouping similar layouts – this will reduce the number of printed sheets of paper. The number of repetitions for each sheet will be displayed.
- Sketchup exporter – We offer a free plugin for Sketchup which helps exporting the size of components from a Sketchup model to a file loaded by Cutting Optimization pro. Read more: here.
- Magnifying a sheet. This is useful if you have a long roll which you can visualize it by magnifying it.
- Printing the obtained layouts – on any printer.
- Printing multiple layouts on the same page – You may print 1, 2, 4 or 6 layouts on the same sheet of paper.
- Printing the REPOSITORY and the DEMAND of the customer – you may print the pieces that you want to optimize.
- The cuts are shown in text format in order to use them with a CNC machine.
- Edge banding handling – the quantity and the type of material attached to the edges of the wood sheets is manipulated by the program.
- Computes / Prints the total cutting length.
- Displays diagrams – a table which contain the pieces cut for each sheet.
- Possibility to define complex products such as table, desk, cupboard, locker, book shelf …
- Possibility to define types of materials (glass, wood, band) – for each material the user has a special table where it can introduce more information about the material.
- Automatic tool for computing the size of the pieces based on the external sizes of the product.
- Statistics related to the current cut / layout- At the end of the optimisation process you will have access to the: number of cuts, cuts definition (starting and ending point), number of waste rectangles, the waste rectangles (the coordinates of the top-left and bottom-right corners), number of utilized pieces, the placement of the utilized pieces, used surface, …
- Saves/loads results – All results can saved in txt files and loaded later.
- Generates and prints adhesive labels –
- Load data from .xml, .dbt (specific files to version 4), .xls (Excel files) and .csv (comma separated) files).
- Automatically computing of the order price –
- Sorted parts and stock – by using various criteria: Length, Width, Quantity, Type, Rotation, Labels etc
- Maximises productivity, saves time and money ….
- Data can be exported into very popular formats: Word, Excel, HTML, CSV (comma separated) and XML files.
- All panels and table’s columns are resizable – You may customize the workspace. The new positions are automatically stored.
- Very fast running time – Solutions are obtained within seconds.
- Win32 native application. No dependencies required.
- Single file application. You can move a single file to a new computer and it will run without installation.
- Very efficient written. .exe has about 6 MB and the installation kit just over 1MB.
- Desktop application. You are in control of your data. You do not risk loosing data if some distant server fails. You can run the application without problems even if the internet is not working.
- Interface in multiple languages.
Developer: Home Page
– Official website does not supply any information about changes in this version
Download Cutting Optimization Pro for PC